3.08.2012

Jenn P.'s Custom Cricut Quotation Art


I saw this on Pinterest and thought it would be really easy to do.  Brassy Apple is where it originally came from.

Here is how I did it:  I got a plain white canvas from the craft store.  I used my Cricut to cut out different size letters of the same font.  Then I put these letters through my Xyron create-a-sticker machine to give them a sticky backing.

500 Art and School Supplies Sticker Machine                                  Cricut Expression Machine
I stuck my letters to the canvas to make my quote and made sure to press them down good.  I even put a book on top of it for a day.  Then I spray painted the whole thing black (you could use any contrasting color).  After it dried, I carefully peeled away my letters.  Some paint still got under the letters a little, leaving me with unclean lines.  You could leave it like that to give it character, but I opted to touch up the letters with white paint.  


I think it turned out pretty good!  The hardest part was using the Cricut and Xyron machines.  It would have been easier to just use stickers, but then it wouldn't be as perfect and professional looking.  For me it was worth the extra work to be perfect.  Yep, I'm anal like that.  


-Jenn P. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment